Drink Yourself Skinny
She talks about drinking water (flushing) for weight loss...****You might want to add the BMS disclosure..."the information shared in this article is not from a medical doctor and does not replace treatment from your medical doctor...." Also, I can't undo some of her margins/colors, etc. to lay it out better for the magazine, they're locked somehow...sorry...
By Desiree Sims
I am so excited to share with you a hidden secret that should not be a secret at all – you CAN drink yourself skinny. Many of my clients have suffered from dehydration which led to poor digestion, acne, lack of energy, increased cellulite and of course, the inability to lose weight. I don’t want this to be the case for you!
Most experts say we should drink at least 64 ounces of water per day. Are you drinking this amount? If you are – awesome, we’re going to make it taste even better! But if you are not drinking water because you hate the taste, it’s okay – we’re going to fix it so you enjoy it!
Staying Hydrated with Water: The Importance of H20
Water is the basis of all life, and without water, you wouldn’t be able to survive. The muscles in your body contain 75% water, your blood which transports nutrients contains over 80% water, your lungs that give you oxygen contain 90% water, your bones are 25% water, and your brain that controls your entire body and systems contains over 75% water.
So without water, how do you think your body will run? Will you feel healthy if you are dehydrated? Absolutely not! In order to be healthy, the body needs to stay hydrated. Adding fruit-infused water to your daily routine is an excellent way to not only stay properly hydrated, but also add in vital nutrients. The amount of water you need to consume depends on your weight, but a good estimate is half of your body weight in ounces. By adding your favorite fruits, veggies and herbs to your water, your body will benefit by staying hydrated and absorbing the vital nutrients to stay healthy and happy. You aren't just what you eat, you are what you drink!
Why Infused Water is Good for Weight Loss
1. Boosts your metabolism
2. Naturally helps you release cellulite
3. Flushes toxins from your system
4. Improves digestion
5. Keeps you hydrated with natural minerals and vitamins from fresh vegetables, fruits or herbs
6. Helps to restore your energy after a workout or sweating
Healthy Tips to Stay Hydrated
1. Drink a large glass of infused water upon waking. You can add a dash of sea salt for a boost of minerals, which is great for reducing exhaustion and wonderful for weight loss. Drink a gallon of infused water per day for the ultimate weight loss flush.
2. Drink infused water 45 minutes before a meal, as hydration is key for proper digestion and wonderful for combating sugar cravings.
3. Make a huge pitcher of infused water and leave it in the fridge. I suggest buying a BPA-free pitcher or use a glass pitcher or mason jars and have the water ready for you to consume. When you have infused water ready to go, you will drink it instead of something else.
4. Buy a BPA-free bottle such as Nalgene, or buy a glass travel bottle to insure that you drink your 64 ounces per day. If you are looking to banish cellulite and lose weight, aim for 80 ounces, especially during the summer months or if you work-out daily.
5. If you find yourself hungry, have a fruit-infused water with cinnamon to balance blood sugar. Did you know that signs of hunger are sometimes actually signs of dehydration?
Here's what you'll need. You can find these items at your local health food or department store, or on-line: Infused Water Bottles (BPA-free or glass), Large Beverage Dispenser, Fruit Infusion Flavor Pitcher, Ball Wide Mouth Jars
When making these recipes it's best to use a 32 oz. mason jar or a 32 oz. infused water bottle or pitcher.
Rosemary & Grapefruit: This helps to detoxify the liver while giving you an added boost of vitamin C.
1 Grapefruit, w/o the rind
1 Sprig of Fresh Rosemary
Mango Mint: Mint is excellent for digestive ease
6-8 small leaves of fresh mint
1/2 mango, with the skin removed and cut into pieces
Cinnamon Apple Spice: A great way to balance blood sugar
1/2 green apple, sliced thin
1 cinnamon stick
Detox Watermelon: The cilantro helps to detoxify the body
4 cubes fresh watermelon
6 leaves cilantro
Citrus Bliss: Helps to alkalize the body
3 lemon slices
2 lime slices
I would love to have you journey with me on the road to health and happiness. Becoming healthy and vibrant does not have to be overwhelming, especially when you have direction and support. Trust me-- life will never be the same once you keep your body hydrated all day!
Desiree Sims is a certified fitness and nutrition specialist. She helps her clients with detoxification, digestion, weight loss, fatigue, balancing the pH, and cleansing. Visit: www.DesireeSims.com/BMS to discover how you can achieve health and happiness.