Astrological Trends 2017:
• Uranus (the planet of freedom, individuality, revolutions, and other avenues creating change) will continue to square Pluto (the planet of transformation, rebirth, regeneration, death, destruction, and all issues that we don’t like looking at) off and on until April 2018. Since we have been under these influences we have seen problems in the Petroleum industry (oil spills in the Gulf of Mexico, China, and Michigan) and with the Nuclear Power industry (the disaster in Japan due to an earthquake and associated tsunami) both of which are related to Pluto. Because of these disasters, this has initiated a revolutionizing process (Uranus). Also, we have seen initiation of social revolutions (Uranus) against the graft and corruption (Pluto) in many governments around the world. Many of these are nonviolent, such as the “Occupy Wall Street” in the US, or extremely violent, like we are have seen and are seeing like Turkey, Syria, Libya, Egypt, Mali, Yemen, and Iraq or with the terrorist attacks in France and Canada. We will continue to see violent revolutions around the world until these influences are over with. In the US we are seeing protests (sometimes violent) around allegations of police brutality against African-Americans, gay rights especially around marriage, and transgender equality. Also, there are potentially volatile situations between Russia and the Ukraine, and between China and other nations around the South China Sea. With the Uranus influence who knows what can happen here, but it can become explosive and turn into an armed conflict. Because of these things we are also seeing fluctuations with the gas and oil industry which is having a potentially negative effect on the world economy. All the recent terrorist attacks (bombings, shootings, etc.) are a result of this influence.
• Chiron (the planetoid which deals with self-care) continues to sextile Pluto off and on until March 2018, continues to square Saturn until January 2018, and quincunx Jupiter until April 2017. There are a lot of economic and political difficulties we are dealing with, and because of these influences we will have the confidence (Pluto) we need to take care of ourselves; however, we will have to deal with false optimism around what we need to do to take care of ourselves, and take responsibility for our own self-care.
• Saturn continues to trine Uranus until November 2018, trine the North Node (which deals with our future) until November 2017, and Sextile the South Node (which deals with our past) until November 2017. Under these influences there is an opportunity to build inspired and creative new structures around all the chaos and destruction that has occurred that helps us to move forward in our lives and face our past.
• Jupiter (the planet relating to expansion, optimism, religion, and philosophy) continues to quincunx Neptune off and on until August 2017, oppose Uranus until October 2017, square Pluto until September 2017, and sextile Saturn until March 2017. Under these influences there is a feeling of false optimism and despair around how we are dealing with our problems, and a desire to release from restrictions and obligations from the past; however, with the Saturn influence we will have the opportunity to build structures to help us grow, and prosper in our lives.
• On Sunday March 12 at 10:54AM Eastern Time a full moon will occur at 22º Virgo. This is usually a time of release especially if this aspects your chart. With the moon being in Virgo there would be the potential to express your emotions in a practical and critical way. This critical expression could be internalized by being critical of themselves, or being externalized by being critical of everyone and everything around them. This is also a time when the normally sexually chaste appearance of Virgo could show its wild side.
You may be affected by any of these transits if there is an aspect to your chart. If you are interested in finding out how the current transits may affect you, if you need a general reading or update, and/or you need a relationship compatibility reading please contact me to set up an appointment. I can help you to see what is happening in your life. To set up an appointment call me at (734) 434-0804 or e-mail me at [email protected]