What do you think of when you think of “Comfort Food”?
• Meatloaf and mashed potatoes
• Homemade chocolate chip cookies
• Chicken noodle soup
• Hot biscuits and sweet butter
• Turkey dinner
• Goulash with mouth watering gravy
At Ginger’s Café many people think of our Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup. When I think of Grilled Cheese I not only think of comfort I think of creativity and unlimited possibilities.
First, you can make International variations; Italian – mozzarella, pepperoni and oregano – (Vegetarian Style: add Morning Star “sausage” style veggie crumbles instead of pepperoni)
French – brie with sliced Granny Smith apples
Mexican – jalapeño cheese with drained salsa
Middle Eastern – feta, tabouli and humous
Second, here is a list of fun variations to try…
• Crab meat and salmon cream cheese, finely chopped green onions
• Sauerkraut, turkey and thousand island dressing
• Sautéed mushroom slices and asparagus
• Cooked broccoli and cheddar cheese
• Bacon and tomato
Anyway you enjoy yours…I hope it brings you comfort eating it, and joy preparing it.