With so much snow on the ground this winter, it seems appropriate to look to a stone named after the snowflake for guidance and insight! Snowflake Obsidian is a black stone embedded with light patches of white that resemble snowflakes.
If you are interested in using a stone to assist you in connecting to the forces of nature, Snowflake Obsidian would be a good choice. This stone helps us recognize that guidance and assistance from the world of nature are always available to us.
It assists with finding and eliciting support from our animal totems. We thus become more attuned to the flow of subtle energies in our environment through the support of this stone.
The attunement helps us in numerous ways:
· Finding the good in what seems to be bad situations
· Inspiring us to see new possibilities and generate fresh ideas
· Get in touch with lost loved ones and facilitate communication with those souls
· Increases our receptivity to healing energies
· Provides courage and strength to those on the verge of hopelessness
· Helps quiet the “victim” mentality
· Strengthens the will to strive for a higher form of reality
Snowflake Obsidian can assist us in recognizing the synchronicities in our everyday life and see the “meaning” in messages we get from our experiences. That being said, it is not a stone that is strikingly good for gazing, but is a stone that can help us on our journey to health and wholeness. Snowflake Obsidian works synergistically with Lapis Lazoli, Siberian Blue Quartz and Scolecite to increase psychic attunement.
A good affirmation to use when meditating with this stone is: “Spirit, as I walk this earth walk, I ask for assistance from the forces of the Universe and all Beings of Light. Please assist me in understanding all that I need for my healing and enlightenment. In full faith, thank you!”