LIVONIA, MI – April 13, 2015 – Observer & Eccentric presents the 12th Annual Spring Expo, Life in Go, on Monday, April 27, 2015 from to 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the VisTaTech Center at Schoolcraft College in Livonia.
This annual tradition for active adults features diverse demonstrations & workshops, local business exhibitors, prizes, free admission, free parking, and free refreshments. Learn to live healthy, make wise financial decisions and enhance life to make it the best ever.
Observer & Eccentric will again bring back the crowd pleasing door prize promotion. The first 100 attendees will receive a Buddy’s Pizza coupon for a free pizza. In addition, there will also be a drawing throughout the afternoon for other prizes.
Entertaining hourly gift drawings are sponsored in part by St. Mary Mercy Hospital. Refreshments are made possible in part by Twisted Rooster. 2015 Spring Expo tote bags are made possible in part by sponsors Crystal Creek Assisted Living, Centurion Services, Inc. and Twisted Rooster.
This year we offer ten dynamic demonstrations & workshops by various subject matter experts. Three featured speaker include Rick Bloom of Bloom Asset Management, Dr. Sol Cogan of HealthQuest and HealthQuest’s Back & Neck Solution Centers of America, and Colleen McDonald of Senior Helpers.
Bloom, Observer & Eccentric Media guest columnist and frequent metro Detroit radio and television guest, will be one of the featured guest speaker this year and will speak on “How to Determine What you Will Need to Retire and Stay Retired”. Dr. Cogan, CEO of HealthQuest and HealthQuest’s Back & Neck Solution Centers of America, and the official team D. C. of the Detroit Lions will speak on New Technology in Pain Relief. McDonald, Director of Community Relations for Senior Helpers and certified dementia trainer, will present a discussion entitled The Senior Gems: Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care.
Additionally, there will be a Spring Expo Special section inserted into all of the Observers, Novi News, Northville Record, Milford Times, and South Lyon Herald newspapers on Thursday, April 23rd and in all Eccentric Newspapers on Sunday, April 26th. This special publication will feature articles, interests and resources for the today’s active adults. The special publication will feature participating local business exhibitors and detail all demonstrations & workshops. A complete list of speakers are listed below.
Demonstrations & Workshop Schedules:
1:00 – 1:30 p.m.
• Health, Wealth and a Confident Retirement by Steven R. Swaggerty, Ameriprise Financial Klassa, Swaggerty & Associates
• Understanding Memory Loss by Gerald E. Turlo, MD, St. Mary Mercy Livonia
1:30 – 2:25 p.m.
• New Technology in Pain Relief by Dr. Sol Cogan, HealthQuest and HealthQuest’s Back & Neck Solution Centers of America
2:30 – 3:00 p.m.
• Emergency Preparedness by Arnold Wicker, Schoolcraft College CEPD
• Improving Communication With Aging Parents by Jean Borin, Home Instead Senior Care
3:00 – 3:55 p.m.
• How to Determine What You Will Need to Retire and Stay Retired by Rick Bloom, Bloom Asset Management
4:00 – 4:30 p.m.
• Social and Emotional Benefits of Art by Grace Karczewski, Schoolcraft College CEPD
• Healthy Smile for a Lifetime with Dental Implants by Dr.Bruce Smoler, Smoler Institute of Implant Dentistry
4:30 – 5:25 p.m.
• The Senior Gems: Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care by Colleen McDonald, Senior Helpers
5:30 – 6:00 p.m.
• Tai Chi by Michigan Tai Chi Association, Sponsored by Schoolcraft College CEPD
Contact: Choya Jordan, Marketing Manager
Office: (248) 926-2203