Today, I write this very important topic while on the tail end of a week that was both incredible and so very busy. What sometimes happens is, we let go of the wholesome diet and regular exercise because they begin to slip away, unless we plan ahead.
Here are 7 behavior changes that create vitality and enhance our self-esteem and nutrition.
1. Don’t Skip Sleep: Missing one night of good sleep has an immediate impact on our hormonal levels. I’ve seen clients lose weight by really focusing on their sleep; chronic sleep issues get healed with a sugar detox.
2. Play Outside: The happiest and healthiest people around the globe all have this in common — they enjoy an active life that is surrounded by nature. Wherever you live or whatever the weather, find ways to spend some time in the fresh air.
3. Honor Your Promises: Each time you break a promise, whether that is to yourself or someone you love, you are creating a habit, something we expect of ourselves. Be impeccable with your word.
4. Cultivate Community: Did you know that when you lack in personal relationships it lowers your immune system and zaps your vitality? Maintain strong social ties with others and this will both improve your health and joy. Volunteering helps too.
5. Be A Lifelong Learner: The more knowledge and education you have, the stronger, healthier and more vibrant life you’ll live. Make it your intention to be a student of life and let go of any ego mind chatter. Practice meditation and surrender to learning.
6. Calm Down: Chronic stress releases hormones that not only damage our cells, but also talk to our cells and tell them to create diseases within our tissues and organs, and thus shorten our life expectancy. Create space in your life daily to nurture yourself through a daily practice, something that turns down the mind chatter.
7. Plug Your Energy Leaks: Notice the spaces and places where you are losing energy. Look at some “primary” foods — relationships, career, spirituality, exercise, money — and find out where you are lacking. Reevaluate anything that sucks your energy.
Please reach out to me on twitter, instagram or visit: www.reneeheigel.com I love hearing from you.