Win the battle against holiday weight gain or that stubborn weight that refuses to budge.
Unwanted weight gain occurs primarily from hormone imbalance. Excess dietary sugar and carbohydrates trigger the body to go into fat storage mode. When Trans Fats are part of the diet, the body is unable to use or metabolize them. More fat storage occurs.
Excess sugars and Trans Fats are stored as body fat, especially around the abdomen, butt and thighs. The body will do what it can to store these as far away from the heart as possible. This is one reason why muscles become marbled with fat.
Once excess fat is present, the body will use the fat to store excess fat storing hormones and toxins. The more body fat, the more the hormone imbalance occurs.
Toxins abound in personal care products, household cleaners, and in our food, air and water.
* There are 1700 new chemicals released yearly. Only 45% are tested for toxicity.
* More than 700 chemicals are added to drinking water supplies.
* Common personal care cosmetics expose people daily to over 200 different hormone altering or cancer causing chemicals.
* The average American consumes 14 pounds of chemical additives, 180 pounds of table sugar and 8 pounds of commercial table salt yearly.
* During processing and storage, 10,000 compounds are added to the more than 320,000 processed foods available today.
* Of the many toxins found in packaged foods, the worst is Trans Fat or partially hydrogenated fat. This fat raises LDL cholesterol and causes additional hormone stress.
Without good dietary fats, the body is forced to use Trans Fat in its cell membranes. Water and nutrients cannot get into the cells and toxins cannot get out. Toxins become stored in more body fat and hormone stress/imbalance increases.
Good fat is essential for the body. It also protects the brain and nervous system. Every cell membrane in the body contains good fat. The body requires good dietary fat like flax seed, avocado, chia seed, olive oil, and fresh un-rancid Omega 3 fish oil to enable it to balance hormones.
To conquer the weight and win the battle requires simple changes in dietary and lifestyle habits, nutrition to help re-balance the hormones, and the release of fat burning hormones instead of fat storing hormones. This strategy successfully allows the body to gently release the toxins and burn the fat. You can be the winner in the weight loss battle!
Written by Dr. Carol Ann Fischer, D.C. with Dr. Sherry Yale, D.C. who now owns TLC Holistic Wellness in Livonia. She has provided holistic and nutritional recommendations using diet and whole food supplements for 26 years as a practicing chiropractor, holistic-wellness consultant. Visit www.TLCHolisticWellness.com for more information and to learn about our free weight loss analysis, or call 734-664-0339.