UNICEF estimates that at least 130 million babies are born each year, 130 million new souls that will grow, change, forge their own pathways and hopefully find their way back to being their natural spiritual selves.
As children, we are extremely pure in the fact that we are open to the universe and what it has to give us. The attachment to the spiritual realm is still very strong when we are infants. As time goes on, our connection weakens as we are becoming more conformed to regular humanistic society. We get so wrapped up in the material aspect of life that we forget our true purpose for being on this Earth which is to develop our inner Spiritual Beings to a higher level.
In order to stay grounded, we must recognize that we can keep our spiritual connection open if we remain conscious about it. To teach children early on to use their higher self will only benefit them when they come back into their spirituality as adults. In order for us to do so, we must create an environment in which it is acceptable to speak about spiritual principles and help young people cultivate their higher selves. The new generation coming up must be taught to listen to their guides, keep an open mind, and remember some of the basic principles that make up spirituality, such as:
1. To believe in infinite intelligence.
2. To believe that the phenomena of nature, both physical and spiritual, are the expression of Infinite Intelligence.
3. To affirm that a correct understanding of such expression and living in accordance therewith, constitute true religion.
4. To affirm that the existence and personal identity of the individual continue after the change called, death.
5. To affirm that communication with the so-called dead is a fact, scientifically proven by the phenomena of Spiritualism.
6. To believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
7. To affirm the moral responsibility of individuals and that we make our own happiness or unhappiness as we obey or disobey Nature’s physical and spiritual laws.
8. To affirm that the doorway to reformation is never closed against any soul here or hereafter.
9. To affirm that the precepts of Prophecy and Healing are divine attributes proven through Mediumship.
Incorporating some of these basic principles into one’s routine can help assure that the connection between child and spirit remains unbroken. Children are especially amazing because they are blank slates; they have no likes or dislikes, they are fully aware of their own consciousness. Therefore, they are the perfect individuals to be the most receptive to these practices.
As stated by Deepak Chopra, “Not every sky will be blue and not every day is springtime. So on the spiritual path, a person learns to find this kind of happiness without needing nice things to happen on the outside. Rather, you find happiness by being who you really are. This isn’t mystical. Young children are happy being who they are. The trick is to regain such a state when you are grown and have seen the light and dark sides of life.”