National Stress Awareness Month
Stress affects your mind and can also afflict you on a cellular level. Long-term stress can lead to a variety of illnesses—headaches, stomach disorders, depression, strokes and heart disease. Understanding the mind/stress/health connection helps you manage stress and increase your health and well-being.
10 Tips for Reducing Stress and Living a Longer, Healthier Life!
1. Improve your health — diet, exercise, sleep, positive self-talk.
2. Slow down — relax, unwind, breathe.
3. Don’t sweat the small stuff — go with the flow.
4. Take time for yourself — get a massage, read.
5. Focus on today — take life one step at a time.
6. Meditate — sit quietly for 10 minutes daily.
7. Laugh — laughter is the best medicine.
8. Help someone — practice random acts of kindness.
9. Focus on the positive — affirm what’s working.
10. Try something fun & new — a hobby, vacation.