By Sharon Kay Baran
Do you ever get angry or feel bummed about something – maybe you didn’t do well on a test, your game gets rained out, or you got in trouble with your parents?
Have you ever felt the grungies after that? All yucky and mad? Have you ever carried that angry feeling with you for hours or even days? Did you have trouble NOT thinking about it?
The cool thing is that even though you are upset about something, you don’t have to stay upset about it.
You can use power shifting to help you feel better fast!
You can use the three questions to help you find a new way to think about a situation.
Three Questions for Power Shifting
- How can I take responsibility?
- How can I learn from this?
- Can I ask for something different, or is there a different solution?
Think about something that is currently bothering you.
It might be something that happened at school, something that happened with your parents, or something that you are worried about. Complete the questions below:
- What happened?
- What impact has that had on you?
- How can you look at the event differently so that it supports you?
- What are your next steps?
Discuss with a grownup if you’d like to.
Some key points to remember:
- Events are neutral – you define them as “good” or “bad.”
- When you are experiencing an event as “bad,” you will feel the grungies (mad, sad ..bad feelings).
- Grungies are a sign that you can power shift!
- Power shifting means changing the way you think about something so you feel better about it.
- Power shifting turns grungies (bad feelings) into Power!
Power shifting is one of the most important skills you will learn for building powerful self-confidence and achieving your goals because it allows you to stand in your Power, even when things don’t go your way. We can’t always decide what happens to us, but we can always decide how we want to respond!
For more information about power shifting and so much more, contact Sharon Kay Baran at 734-636-6737 or email@example.com.
Let’s Power Shift together!