By Valerie Wilson
Have you heard of ‘Apeel’ yet? They are putting a toxic substance on fruits and vegetables to give them longer shelf lives. They claim it is ‘food grade,’ ‘natural,’ ‘plant-based,’ and ‘generally recognized as safe.’ And yes, they will also be putting this on organic produce.
Here are some of the highlights about the poison in ‘Apeel’:
- Contains: Lead, Arsenic, Cadmium, Palladium, and Mercury
- Contains: Citric Acid, which is almost always derived from GMO corn
- Contains: Soap, sodium oleate (yes, extra salt, sodium in your diet)
- Contains: Ethyl acetate, a flavoring agent used in solvents, paints, lacquers, perfumes, and processed foods, which is toxic if ingested or inhaled
- Heptane: Used in test fuels, petroleum refinements, cement, and inks
- Contains: Toluene, a highly toxic chemical with a wide range of detrimental health effects when inhaled, swallowed, or when it comes in contact with skin or eyes
Resource for the information can be found on the FDA Approval documents: https://www.fda.gov/media/135999/download
For right now, there will be a label on the produce with ‘Apeel’ sprayed on it. Start looking for it in a store near you; Costco, Walmart, Kroger, Whole Foods, and Target are just a few stores scheduled to carry it.
For more information, here is the blog I wrote about ‘Apeel’: https://valeriewilson.substack.com/p/more-on-the-toxic-apeel
Wondering how to protect our food from secret ingredients like Apeel coating technology?
If this is the first time you’ve heard about it, Apeel is a food coating already being applied to fresh fruits and vegetables in 65 countries on all continents.
Apeel is marketed as all-natural but is manufactured using toxic solvents like heptane and ethyl acetate. It also contains citric acid and toxic heavy metals like mercury, cadmium and lead.
Apeel is even on organic produce in the United States and, according to its website, is impossible to wash off.
See a complete action plan at https://muneezaahmed.com/apeel-update-how-to-protect-our-food-from-secret-ingredients/